Thursday, 23 June 2011

I support UK creativity.



On my way back from a lovely camping trip in Kent, I stopped off in London and visited the cockpit open studios. It was lovely to see designer makers making a living from their love of craft.
My ambition is to eventually own my own studio space at a place like Cockpit Arts!

I really like the detail within Lizzie Allen's hand printed designs capturing the vibrancy within city environments.



Drawn to anything animal related and illustrative, i admired Helen Minns style of loose un complicated mark making.



Displaying the charm of free hand embroidery i really liked Naomi Ryder's illustrating the beauty of the everyday.

_LONDON__CARDS_72.jpg


I also loved Ruth Martin's paper curiosity's, hand stamped papers displaying quintessentially english imagery and humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment