Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Harley Gallery Christmas Art and Food Market November 2011


I had a fantastic weekend at The Harley Gallery in the beautiful surroundings of the Welbeck estate in rural Nottinghamshire! A perfect setting to showcase my wildlife friends! The Market was very successful, with a flow of people constantly coming through the doors of the art marquee sampling delicious food from the food market and festive cheer flowing from the brass band's carols! The standard of work from the other makers was top class and i was honoured to be chosen as a rising star among them. I met some lovely people all laden with helpful advice and I enjoyed hearing about their achievements as designers.



As this was my first show and the first time I was selling my work I was very anxious about how things would go but the visitors comments and reactions were so positive and it was lovely to see peoples faces light up as they saw the little squirrels hoping down the wall as they came in the door!

A big thank you to everyone at the Harley Gallery for such relaxed and well organised event, it was a great experience and a fantastic opportunity to network with fellow designers and future customers. I am already looking forward to applying for some more art markets and shows in the New Year!

p.s. A lot of people were asking if I had an online shop, Lucy Alice products should be online come the new year however if you would like to purchase any of my products or would like to commission your own animal please do not hesitate to contact me via email: lucyalicedesigns@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment