Friday, 11 October 2013

A Nursery in Yellow & Green...


There is only 2 weeks to go until we welcome little baby Arnold into the world and today I made the finishing touches to the nursery. I have spent months scouring Pinterest for inspiration, painting old furniture all sourced from my Grandmas old house and scouring charity shops for bargains. Hopefully the room shows that with a little bit of paint, a sewing machine and time, you can create a lovely little hub for your newborn on a minuscule budget.  I was able to use some of the material I have had stashed away for years, using it to make a cot valance, covering an old toy box to double up as a seat as they get older and also used some old wrapping paper to revamp a tired bookcase. We went for a unisex palette of duck egg blues, lime greens and I couldn't not add a little yellow into the mix! The result is a mix of calm and contentment, it is defiantly our favourite room in the house. What do you think?
Now all we need is a baby...


Things may be a little quiet on the Lucy Alice Designs front for the next few months as we adjust to our new family life however with thanks to my very helpful husband the online shop will be open over Christmas with new lines being added over the next week, so those little Lucy Alice gifts can find a way under your tree! 

No comments:

Post a Comment